LALVIN BM 4X4™
Aromatic complexity and mouthfeel in reds and whitesLALVIN BM 4X4™ produces aromatically complex wines with round mouthfeel due to the production of esters and the release of polysaccharides. Sensory descriptors include jam, cherry liqueur, sweet spice, licorice, cedar, floral, and earthy.
- LALVIN BM 4X4™ is a scientifically formulated blend of two yeast strains: one known for aromatic complexity and LALVIN BM45™ for fermentation reliability. BM 4x4 has the benefits of both.
- White wines are fruity and round due to the high levels of esters and polysaccharides produced
- Red wines have increased mouthfeel and improved color stability due to the release of unusually high levels of polyphenol-reactive polysaccharides
- Malolactic fermentation compatibility can be enhanced by good nutritional practices for both alcoholic and malolactic fermentation
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae cerevisiae strains
- Selected by the Consorzio del Vino Brunello de Montalcino and the University of Siena, Italy
Alcohol Tolerance: 16%
Nitrogen Needs: HIGH
Temp. Range: 64–82°F