Sauvignon Blanc, Chenin Blanc, Riesling, Viognier, Chardonnay, Rosé
- Product of the yeast hybridization program of the Institute for Wine Biotechnology at the University of Stellenbosch in South Africa.
- Aromatic as well as cold tolerant (10-15°C/50-59°F), VIN 13 also has high alcohol tolerance (16.5% v/v) and low nitrogen requirements (qualities obtained by hybridizing S. bayanus and S. cerevisiae strains). Good choice for restarting stuck white fermentations, especially when fructose levels remain high.
- VIN 13 is a very good thiol releaser (guava, passion fruit and grapefruit) and outstanding ester producer. On tank-fermented Chardonnay it promotes pineapple and banana flavors, while on Riesling, Gewürztraminer and Viognier it accentuates floral notes.
- The combination of fermentation kinetics and sensory contributions make this strain very suitable for cold-fermented aromatic whites that are fermented to dryness. Do not over inoculate.
- VIN 13 is also great at releasing fruity notes in Rose wines.
VIN13 Yeast - Allergen Statement
VIN13 Yeast - Food Safety Statement
VIN13 Yeast - Non-GMO Statement
VIN13 Yeast - Safety Data Sheet
VIN13 Yeast - Specification Sheet
VIN13 Yeast - Technical Data Sheet