LALVIN ICV D21™
Freshness and mouthfeel for mature and concentrated reds and whitesLALVIN ICV D21™ is a flexible strain that can be used to produce any wine, contributing stable and long-lived aromas, an increased perception of acidity, and a well-balanced mouthfeel. Equally suited for use in barrels or tanks.
- Ripe white grapes develop into wines with fresh citrus aromas
- Red wines are noted for berry and red fruit aromas, stable color, intense foremouth volume, mid-palate tannin structure, and fresh aftertaste
- Good for use in under- or over-ripe fruit. D21 helps to mask herbaceous notes in under-ripe fruit and cooked, jammy aromas in over-ripe fruit bringing aromatic freshness and good mouthfeel
- Fast onset of fermentation, easy-to-use strain, but can produce VA if stressed
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae cerevisiae strain
- Isolated from Languedoc by the Institut Coopératif du Vins (ICV), France.
Alcohol Tolerance: 16%
Nitrogen Needs: MEDIUM
Temp. Range: 61-82°F