Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Sémillon, Chardonel, Gewürztraminer
- Selected in Portugal by the University of Trás-os-Montes and Alto Douro (UTAD) in cooperation with the Viticultural Commission of the Vinho Verde region.
- Lalvin QA23TM has low nutrient and oxygen requirements. It has been known to ferment juice at low temperatures (15°C/59°F) to dryness.
- Excellent thiol converter making it a complementary yeast for developing varietal Sauvignon Blanc passion fruit character.
- Produces large amounts of the enzyme beta-glucosidase during growth which allows for the release of bound terpenes in aromatic varieties.
- Lalvin QA23 is particularly recommended for Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc wines with a tropical (thiol) profile.
QA23 Yeast - Allergen Statement
QA23 Yeast - Food Safety Statement
QA23 Yeast - Non-GMO Statement
QA23 Yeast - Safety Data Sheet
QA23 Yeast - Technical Data Sheet