Production of stable esters in whitesCVW5™ is a high producer of fruity aromas (esters) and low producer of volatile acidity and SO2. CVW5 has the lowest nitrogen demand of the Lallemand yeast strains. Strong fermenter even under difficult conditions, including low turbidity. This S. cerevisiae bayanus strain was selected from the Lallemand yeast collection and is a daughter strain of Lalvin EC1118™.
- Selected from the Lallemand yeast collection, CVW5 is a daughter strain of the Lalvin EC1118.
- Works well under low temperatures and low turbidity. Very high ester producer and has the lowest nitrogen demand in the Lallemand yeast collection. CVW5 produces low levels of VA and S02.
- Strong fermenter even under difficult conditions.
- May also be used for sparkling and fruit wines.
- CVW5 is particularly recommended for Chardonnay & Sauvignon Blanc
Store for at 4-11°C (39-52°F). Once opened use immediately.