Servomyces is a naturally enriched single-strain brewing yeast that is used as a biological yeast nutrient. The propagation and drying process of Servomyces has been specifically designed to accumulate a range of trace minerals and elements that are essential or limiting during alcoholic fermentation.
Useful for any style of beer, we highly recommend using Servomyces with lagers, high-percentage adjunct beers, high-strength brews, or specialty projects that will present a high-stress environment for your yeast.Brewing Properties
- Minerals, when incorporated into some sort of living tissue, are more efficacious than when presented as a salt.
- Servomyces presents better bio-availability of minerals, which is a very important factor in yeast nutrition.
- Servomyces can decrease fermentation time significantly.
- Improves yeast sedimentation.
- Stimulates uptake of maltose and maltotriose, depending on the brewing strain, which results in higher alcohol yields.
- Stimulation of protein synthesis and yeast growth which leads to higher biomass production during propagation.
- It is reported that Servomyces eliminates harsh sulphur notes and produces a smoother more balanced beer.
- 1 g Servomyces is used per 100 liters of wort for fermentation.
- 2 g Servomyces is used per 100 liters of wort for propagation.
- Practical trials have shown that addition of Servomyces should be made to the kettle about ten minutes before the end of the boil.