The Essential Off-Flavor Kit contains 6 of the most frequently encountered off-flavors common to beers of all styles.
This kit contains 6 individual flavor vials, in the appropriate concentration for spiking 1 liter of beer.
The Siebel Institute Sensory Training Kits are designed to help tasters build their skills towards understanding beer flavor at a truly professional level.
In addition to breweries with established tasting panels, these kits are also great for training and calibration purposes for others with an interest in beer, including:
- Breweries training new and existing staff to spot beer defects more effectively
- Brewers guilds looking to add value to their regularly-scheduled meetings
- Homebrew groups and beer judges looking to sharpen judging and flavor recognition skills
- Distributors, wholesalers and agents who need to be able to ‘talk the talk’ about beer attributes with beer specialty retailers
Each kit is shipped in ready-to-use liquid form, making them as easy to use as possible.
Seibel's Essential Off-Flavors Kit includes the following flavors:
- Contamination - sour & buttery
- D.M.S. - cooked corn, cooked vegetables
- Diacetyl - butter, butterscotch
- Isovaleric acid - cheesy, old hops, sweaty socks
- Papery - cardboard, oxidized
- H2S - Sulphidic, Rotten Eggs
Please refer to the Sensory Kits Leaflet in the Documents tab above for more information on how to use the kit.