SCOTTZYME® PEC 5L
Improve pressability, clarification, and settling for white and fruit winesSCOTTZYME® PEC 5L is a versatile enzyme that can be used at many winemaking stages. If added directly to grapes it can enhance pressabiliy and increase yield.
When added to juice it decreases turbidity and improves settling.
- Use on crushed grapes for easier pressing
- Increases juice yields
- Improved settling and clarification
- Improves post-fermentation processing, including filtration
- Also useful for berries, pome, and stone fruits and should be used in conjunction with SCOTTZYME® HC
- Minimum contact time is 3 days at 15°C (60 °F). In cases when the tank temperature is cooler (-1-15 °C /30-60 °F), minimum contact time should be 4-7 days and stirring is recommended
- Highly concentrated pectinase
Format: Liquid- 1 kg (890mL) 25 kg (22.25 L)
Recommended Dosage—Bench trials recommended for wine
- Crushed Grapes 10–20 mL/ton
- Juice 1.0–1.3 mL/hL (40–50 mL/1000 gal)
- Wine 1.3–1.6 mL/hL (50–60 mL/1000 gal)
Storage: Store at 4°C (39°F) for 1–2 years. Keep tightly sealed and refrigerated once opened.
SCOTTZYME PEC5L - Allergen Statement
SCOTTZYME PEC5L - Food Safety Statement
SCOTTZYME PEC5L - Non-GMO Statement
SCOTTZYME PEC5L - Safety Data Sheet
SCOTTZYME PEC5L - Technical Data Sheet