Improved settling and filterability in grapeSCOTTZYME® KS can be used anytime post-pressing to increase clarification rates and improve filtration throughput.
juice and wine
- The earlier KS is used, the more effective it will be
- It should never be used before pressing in either white or red grapes: KS has very aggressive enzymatic activities that will break down skins and create many fine solids.
- Customers have reported very favorable results when used to solve “nightmare” filtrations before bottling
- Minimum contact time is 3 days at 15°C (60 °F). In cases when the tank temperature is cooler (-1-15 C /30-60 °F), minimum contact time should be 4-7 days and stirring is recommended
- Blend of pectinase enzymes with cellulase, hemicellulase, and protease side-activities
Format: Liquid- 1 kg (890mL) 25 kg (22.25 L)
Recommended Dosage—Bench trials recommended for wine
- White/Rosé Juice 2.6–4.0 mL/hL (100–150 mL/1000 gal)
- Wine 5.3–7.9 mL/hL (200–300 mL/1000 gal)
pressing or to the wine after alcoholic fermentation during a tank mixing.
Storage: Store at 4°C (39°F) for 1–2 years. Keep tightly sealed and refrigerated once opened.
SCOTTZYME KS - Allergen Statement
SCOTTZYME KS - Food Safety Statement
SCOTTZYME KS - Non-GMO Statement
SCOTTZYME KS - Safety Data Sheet
SCOTTZYME KS - Technical Data Sheet