Fast fermenter for enhanced spice, fruit, and mouthfeelPN4™ is equally suited to red and white winemaking where it contributes to aromatic complexity, mouthfeel, and balance.
- Varietal expression is increased in tank-fermented white wines with minimal lees contact
- Barrel-fermented white wines show notes of honey and butter (diacetyl), full and creamy mouthfeel, and well-integrated oak character
- Red wines are described as having increased spiciness with elevated notes of nutmeg, licorice, and pepper. General fruit notes of plum, cherry, and berry are increased, structure is enhanced, and herbaceousness is masked
- It is affectionately known as “The Rocket” for its fast fermentation kinetics under difficult winemaking conditions
- Oenococcus oeni isolated by the Institute of San Michele in the Trentino region of Italy
Alcohol Tolerance: <16%
Total SO2: <60ppm
Frequently used in: complex whites, big and spicy reds
Usage: Add directly to wine and mix thoroughly.
Storage: Dated expiration. For short term (<18 months) store at 4°C (39°F). For long term (>18 months) store at –18°C (0°F).
PN4 Malolactic Bacteria - Allergen Statement
PN4 Malolactic Bacteria - Food Safety Statement
PN4 Malolactic Bacteria - Non-GMO Statement
PN4 Malolactic Bacteria - Safety Data Sheet
PN4 Malolactic Bacteria - Technical Data Sheet