Improve your process and product
with Pall Crossflow Filtration Technology
Since 1990 Scott Labs and Pall Corporation (then Seitz Filtration) have been collaborating to bring the industry’s leading depth filtration technology to the North American wine & beverage market. Today, Scott Labs is proud to offer Pall’s most innovative Crossflow filtration solutions.
To speak to one of our equipment experts or to place an order, please fill in the form provided below.Contact Us
Pall Oenoflow™ HS High Solids Crossflow Filter
The Oenoflow™ HS system is a new crossflow filtration system for lees filtration that overcomes many of the obstacles associated with the traditional DE-based technologies. Filtration is achieved with microporous membranes without the need for filter aids. With no powder handling, operation is more hygienic and does not create DE waste for environmental landfill.
Recovering Higher Value Wine and Juice from Lees
Recovery of wine and juice from lees represents one of the most challenging forms of filtration faced by wineries. The high concentration and variability of the suspended solids limits the suitable filtration technologies, while strict environmental regulations and sustainability programs are increasing pressure to reduce waste volumes. The Oenoflow HS system is a new crossflow filtration system designed specifically for lees processing. The hollow fiber membrane system overcomes the typical drawbacks associated with the existing Diatomaceous Earth (DE) based lees filters, producing higher quality product more efficiently and economically.
Three Systems in One
- Recovery of wine from lees:
The base Oenoflow HS system can be used to recover wine from lees. Recovered wine passes through the membranes and the suspended solids are retained upstream in the crossflow loop
- Recovery of juice from must lees:
For must lees processing during harvest, a pre-treatment screen can be added upstream of the base hollow fiber system to extend run time.
- Post fermentation clarification:
When the Oenoflow HS system is not processing lees, it can be used for standard post fermentation wine clarification to increase cellar capacity. The systems have a simple touch screen interface where the operator can select wine or lees filtration in order to optimize the filtration settings according to the application.
- Three applications in one system
- No filter aid requirement (DE)
- Enclosed system design
- Low hold-up volume
- Bottom to top module flow path
- PVDF membranes
- Wide bore hollow fibers
- Flexible software with fully automated working cycles
Oenoflow HS System Range
The Oenoflow HS systems are available in various sizes to meet the different needs and expectations of wineries around the world. The table below provides a guideline for the average flow rates over 4 to 6 hours of operation. Our wine specialists are available to help you select the appropriate system to meet your specific requirements.
|Model||Number of Modules||Filter Area||Typical Lees Flow Rate||Typical Wine Flow Rate|
|HS-4A||4||20 m2||400 - 800 lph (105 - 210 gph)||1000 - 1800 lph (265 - 475 gph)|
|HS-6A||6||30 m2||600 - 1200 lph (158 - 317 gph)||1500 - 2700 lph (396 - 713 gph)|
|HS-12A||12||60 m2||1200 - 2400 lph (317 - 634 gph)||3000 - 5400 lph (792 - 1427 gph)|
|HS-24A||24||120 m2||2400 - 4800 lph (634 - 1268 gph)||6000 - 12800 lph (1585 - 2853 gph)|
LEARN MORE ABOUT OENOFLOW HS
Pall Oenoflow PRO XL Crossflow Filter
At the Forefront of Separation Technology
With the introduction of the new generation Oenoflow™ PRO Crossflow System, the XL series, wineries are setting new standards in achieving quality, yield, and efficiency. A more compact footprint, reduced waste volumes, and better process control enables wineries of all sizes to further reduce operating costs whilst maintaining absolute respect for the qualitative characteristics of the wine.
By eliminating the drawbacks of traditional diatomaceous earth (DE) and sheet filtration, Oenoflow Pro crossflow filtration systems have become the preferred technology in the wine-making industry. The hollow-fiber system enables wineries to remove suspended contaminants from wine in a reliable, reproducible and single process step. Clarification is achieved without the need for filter aids, centrifugation or interference with the chemical, physical or organoleptic components of the wine.
Cost savings are realized by reducing wine loss, consumables, and labor. Furthermore, with a DE-free process and no solid waste for landfills, both environmental and operator safety are improved. The new Oenoflow Pro XL crossflow systems combine the strong points of the existing systems with new high area modules and improved process control resulting in the manufacture of more compact and economic systems.
- On-board concentration and filtrate tanks for operation independent of winery conditions
- Low capital investment per m2 of filter area
- Low water and chemical consumption
- Maximum respect for the organoleptic wine characteristics
- Consistent filtrate quality: low turbidity (<1 NTU), reduced filterability index and low microbiological count
- High yield and low waste volumes due to the patented final concentration step (Typical loss < 0.3 %)
- No additional pre-clarification or separation requirement - fewer wine movements - reduced labor costs
- No filter aid requirement - reduced product handling - reduced waste disposal for landfill
- Compact footprint for easy installation and flexible operation throughout the winery
To meet the different needs and expectations of wineries of all sizes, the Oenoflow Pro XL system is available in different configurations. The system size and level of automation may vary, but all Oenoflow Pro XL Systems share the same operating principles, membranes, performance, warranties, product quality, reliability and safety.
Oenoflow Pro XL-S (Smart)
- Fully automatic operation capable of combining filtration, recovery and cleaning cycles
- On-board process and cleaning tank
- Simple and logical PLC control with touch screen
- Automatic chemical dosing
- Small batch filtration program
- High efficiency “solo” water backwash cleanings
- Auxiliary equipment options: remote wine transfer pump, dual pre-filter screens
Oenoflow Pro XL-A (Advanced)
- Fully automatic operation with pre-set and customized working cycles
- On-board process and cleaning tank with incoming wine transfer pump
- Simple and logical PLC control with color touch screen
- Automatic chemical dosing
- Data monitoring and process trend recording
- Automatic Gross Failure Test
LEARN MORE ABOUT OENOFLOW XL