Oak Lab Thermic Cubes
Fast release of oak compounds for use in tanksOak cubes allow quick extraction of oak compounds and are compatible for use in tanks. They are particularly useful fermentation and for late and targeted adjustments.
- Can be used during fermentation, aging, and finishing
- Designed for fast-to-market wines
- Suggested contact time of 1-9 months. Wine should be frequently tasted and evaluated to determine the exact contact time
- Oak cubes are packaged in food grade mesh bags. The bags have rugged handles to allow for easy tank installation and removal
- Has a surface area of 34 sq. ft, the oak cube dimensions are 1” x 1 1/16” x 13/16”
- Made from American white oak (Quercus alba)
Recommended Dosage: 2-8 cube bags/1000 gal (4.8-19.2 g/L) (40-160 lb/1000gal)
Usage: Attach the handle on the mesh bag to the D-rings that are pre-installed on tank walls. When used during fermentation ensure that the cubes remain well below the cap.
Storage: Store in a cool dry, odor free environment below 25°C (77°F) away from ignition sources. If stored tightly sealed and dry, shelf life is 5 years. Once opened use immediately.
THERMIC OAK INFUSION PRODUCTS
Scott Laboratories’ THERMIC line of oak infusion products are the most innovative available. THERMIC is produced using a proprietary thermal modification process which results in a wide spectrum of flavor profiles that are incredibly consistent. THERMIC comes in staves, cubes, and barrel inserts, each of which are available in five distinct flavor profiles.
THERMIC profiles can be used on their own or blended in tank to produce the desired oak characteristics. Additionally, THERMIC’s consistency ensures that bench trials accurately predict the oak impact in your wine at production scale.