Strong fermenter for freshness and fruit expressionO-MEGA™ is the most robust strain in Scott Laboratories’ portfolio. It is highly suitable for conducting malolactic fermentation in high alcohol, low temperature, or low pH situations. O-MEGA lends balance and complements aromas by bringing freshness; however, it is not recommended for wines with herbaceous or vegetative notes, as these will be amplified.
- Contributes to freshness and mineral/citrus notes in white wines
- In red wines, notes of red and dark berries like red currant, strawberry, blackcurrant, and blackberry are increased
- Selected for its ability to complete MLF even under challenging wine conditions of high alcohol, low pH, and low temperatures
- May help stabilize color due to its slow degradation of acetaldehyde
- Has a late degradation of citric acid resulting in very low diacetyl and VA levels, and is tolerant to levels of lactic acid that can be inhibitory to other ML strains
- Oenococcus oeni isolated in the south of France by the Institut du Français de la Vigne et du Vin (IFV) in Burgundy
Alcohol Tolerance: <16%
Total SO2: <60ppm
Frequently used in overripe, full-bodied red and white wines, cool-climate Pinot noir and Syrah, rosé, fruit wine
Usage: Add directly to wine and mix thoroughly.
Storage: Dated expiration. For short term (<18 months) store at 4°C (39°F). For long term (>18 months) store at –18°C (0°F).
DownloadsOmega Malolactic Bacteria - Allergen Statement
Omega Malolactic Bacteria - Food Safety Statement
Omega Malolactic Bacteria - Non-GMO Statement
Omega Malolactic Bacteria - Safety Data Sheet
Omega Malolactic Bacteria - Technical Data Sheet