All-purpose strain for enhanced complexity and mouthfeelLALVIN VP41™ is a flexible and adaptable strain that is appreciated for its ability to enhance aromatic complexity, richness, and mouthfeel in different styles of red, white, and rosé wines.
- White wines have elevated tropical fruit flavors, apple and pear notes, and very low levels of diacetyl
- Rosé wine aromas are respected and adaptable based on varietal and fermentation aromas
- Red wines have increased currant and berry flavors and aromas, with enhanced coffee and chocolate notes and sweet tannins
- Recommended strain for restarting stuck malolactic fermentations
- At temperatures below 16°C (61°F) it may be slow to start but can complete MLF
- Selected for its strong implantation rate, steady fermentation kinetics, high alcohol tolerance, enhanced mouthfeel, and ability to improve wine structure
- Oenococcus oeni isolated in Italy
Alcohol Tolerance: <16%
Total SO2: <60ppm
Frequently used in: all styles of red, white, and rosé wines, restarting stuck fermentations
Usage: Add directly to wine and mix thoroughly.
Storage: Dated expiration. For short term (<18 months) store at 4°C (39°F). For long term (>18 months) store at –18°C (0°F).
VP41 Malolactic Bacteria - Allergen Statement
VP41 Malolactic Bacteria - Food Safety Statement
VP41 Malolactic Bacteria - Non-GMO Statement
VP41 Malolactic Bacteria - Safety Data Sheet
VP41 Malolactic Bacteria - Technical Data Sheet