LALVIN (MBR) 31™
Balanced sensory profile and color stability in low pH wine and low temperature conditionsLALVIN 31™ is suitable for cool climate wines as it can enhance varietal characters, fruit flavors and promote color stability. Wines made using LALVIN 31 have good body and length.
- In white wines, it adds complexity due to its light buttery flavor. With lees contact the buttery notes decrease, elevating fruit flavors and mineral notes
- In red wines, dark berry fruit flavors, color stability, and mouthfeel are increased
- Tolerant to high levels of lactic acid (from high starting malic acid levels) that can be inhibitory to other ML strains
- Selected for its capacity to achieve malolactic fermentation in low pH and low temperature situations
- Due to its high nutrient demand, it is sometimes slow to start but finishes quickly, especially when used in conjunction with OPTI’MALO BLANC™ or ML RED BOOST™
- Oenococcus oeni isolated by the Institut du Français de la Vigne et du Vin (IFV), France
Alcohol Tolerance: <14%
Total SO2: <45ppm
Frequently used in: aromatic whites, light and medium-bodied reds, fruit wine
Usage: Add directly to wine and mix thoroughly.
Storage: Dated expiration. For short term (<18 months) store at 4°C (39°F). For long term (>18months) store at –18°C (0°F).
MBR 31 Malolactic Bacteria - Allergen Statement
MBR 31 Malolactic Bacteria - Food Safety Statement
MBR 31 Malolactic Bacteria - Non-GMO Statement
MBR 31 Malolactic Bacteria - Safety Data Sheet
MBR 31 Malolactic Bacteria - Technical Data Sheet