Fermentation Nutrient - YAN source supplying organic nitrogen (amino acids); OMRI listedFERMAID O™ is an organic nitrogen source that helps to nourish yeast, improve aromas, and allows for good control over fermentation.
- Reliably lowers peak fermentation temperatures and improves fermentation kinetics (especially at the end of fermentation), resulting in fewer sulfur off odors like H2S
- Due to FERMAID O’s highly consistent and balanced amino acid profile, the nitrogen lasts longer and less nutrient is needed than when using conventional nitrogen sources (DAP)
- FERMAID O use has been correlated with positive aromatic expression (thiols and esters) and enhanced mouthfeel
- Blend of highly specific inactivated yeast fractions that are rich in assimilable amino acids (organic nitrogen), small peptides, essential vitamins, and minerals
Recommend Dosage: 10-40 g/hL (0.83-3.3/1000 gal). See our Fermentation Nutrition Planner for more information.
- *Measurable YAN at 40g/hL: 16ppm
- *YAN equivalents at 40g/hL: 64-96ppm
Storage: Dated expiration. Store at 18°C (65°F). Once opened, keep tightly sealed and dry.