Lallemand 1-Step Build-Up Cultures
Instructions for Rehydration
- Mix and dissolve the contents of the activator in the appropriate amount of 20 ºC (68 ºF) water (see below).
- Add the contents of the bacteria sachet and dissolve carefully by gentle stirring.
- Wait for 20 minutes.
- Add the bacteria/water mixture from the previous step with an equivalent volume of wine. The pH of the wine should be over 3.5 and temperature between 18-25 ºC (64-77 ºF).
- Wait for 18 to 24 hours.
Pre-Culture Transfer Phase
- Transfer the pre-culture to the balance of wine in the tank.
- Maintain the temperature between 18-25 ºC (64-77 ºF).
- Check MLF activity (malic acid degradation) every 2 to 4 days.
|Bacteria Dosage Size||Water/Wine Needed for Build-Up||Transfer Culture Into|
|25 hL||0.65 gallons||650 gallons|
|100 hL||2.6 gallons||2,600 gallons|
|500 hL||13 gallons||13,000 gallons|
|1,000 hL||26 gallons||26,000 gallons|