Bentonite for use during fermentationFERMOBENT® PORE-TEC is used during fermentation to remove heat unstable proteins as they are formed.
- May eliminate the need for post-fermentation protein stabilization
- Preferred addition timing is mid-fermentation
- Improves the release of CO2 during fermentation
- Highly purified and has extremely low heavy metal content (iron)
- Varietal aromas are preserved compared with traditional post-fermentation bentonite additions
- Helps compact fermentation lees
- Produced using PORE-TECnology resulting in an almost dust-free bentonite
- Can be prepared in room temperature water
- Highly purified sodium-calcium based bentonite
- Contact Time: During fermentation
Recommended Dosage Bench trials recommended
- Fermenting Juice 500–3000ppm (50–300 g/hL) (4.2–25 lb/1000 gal)
Storage: Dated expiration. Store in a dry, odor-free and well-ventilated environment below 25°C (77°F). Reseal opened packaging immediately.